Feeling like you’re on an emotional rollercoaster? Experiencing a gamut of feelings that swing you from happy to sad, anxious to angry, sad to excited? Unexplained need to cry? Overwhelming feelings of sadness or inadequacy? Missing intimacy with God? You are not alone.
Your energetic field (spirit) was not designed to be connected to the world 24/7. Social media has given us access to EVERY story around the world. This can be anxiety evoking because you are a spiritual sponge and cannot process all that your fingertips expose you to from morning to night.
In less than 10 minutes, you can run the full spectrum of emotions. Sad one minute. Laughing the next. Angry the next second. Defensive. Feeling the need to argue and prove your point subliminally on a post the next second. Triggered the very next moment because you see old friends gather without you. Laughing at a beautiful baby the next.
We are responsible for managing our energetic fields. Protect yourself mind, body and spirit. This means you must pay attention to your feelings and emotions because they are the gateways to your wisdom and spiritual intuition. When you feel out of sorts and imbalanced— you ARE!
Here are 10 tips to consider implementing immediately to bring about better balance and avoid slipping into social media obsession/depression:
1. Sign off more often.
2. Journal, worship, pray and meditate.
3. Be intentional about having more “in-person” conversations.
4. Go see your therapist.
5. Take off your shoes and put your feet in the grass to ground yourself.
6. Eat a meal that you don’t photograph and post.
7. Have sex... deep intimate divine love making that invokes spiritual connection.
8. Dance like nobody is watching.
9. Go sit by the water and listen to the waves. Read a good book.
10. Make an old fashioned phone call to say what needs to be said instead of posting or texting.
If this blog challenged you OR blessed you, SHARE it and then sign off for 24 hours! Your spirit may be telling you it needs a break to restore and renew.
Be well. Spiritual maintenance is required. Take care of yourself!!
Anika Wilson Brown is a licensed graduate social worker with 20 years of experience in social service and organizational leadership. She is a prophetic leader, healer, teacher who Pastor’s at Union Temple Church in Washington, DC. Learn more at www.anikawilsonbrown.com